Sunday, November 29, 2009

Networking - the core part of doing MBA

Before coming to Vlerick I was quite cognizant of the importance of networking both during the course and after the course. I remember from an interview of Joseph Stiglitz that the three core parameters for a candidate to choose a b-school should be 'Networking,Networking and Networking'.

After starting in Vlerick I must say I have realised more closely how important networking is. I am glad Vlerick emphasises a lot on the importance of networking and provides students many opportunities to meet the alumni, industry people and entrepreneurs. Vlerick has innovated a 'Mentor-Mentee' concept in which there is a mentor for every two students. I have talked more about this on my previous post.This program seems to be working nicely. We had our second mentorship session today.

Looking forward to a promising new year with many networking opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment