Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The job hunt begins...

I am more than half way through my course, its just about time to start looking for a job. I am targeting Management Consulting or Business Development role in ICT(Internet,Communication,Technology)sector.To crack Management Consulting in Continental Europe appears a yeoman's task, contrary to my expectations all MC firms require knowledge of a European language. I am concentrating my efforts in the UK,Singapore & Dubai for MC. For ICT sector there are possibilities in Continental Europe without a European language, however the economy is still on crutches and things should get better in coming months.

Recently we had a workshop on 'Working in Belgium & Europe', I must say the taxes in Europe are quite high(close to 50%),however the social benefits are equally good.I don't mind staying in Europe if something like-able works out.

Vlerick has a good alumni network, but it is concentrated mostly in Western Europe. The school keeps organizing alumni get-together, company presentation & few career fairs, however I think Vlerick should put more efforts in attracting international recruiters.

No comments:

Post a Comment