Monday, October 12, 2009

Unending affair with Belgian Foreigners Registration Authorities

I am in love or rather forced by circumstances to have an affair with the Belgian Foreigners Registration Authorities ;)) It has been more than a month and fourth trip to their office, I am still clueless about when would I get my 'Residence Permit'. I have been told it might take 3-6 more weeks and I have met all my appointments as given by them.

My frustration is legally I can't go out of Belgium until I have my RP, although people have gone to Netherlands, Morocco, Spain and where not.I thought bureaucracy is a gift of Britain to its colonies but Belgium proved me wrong. I have started liking the receptionist of Belgian FRA and their building feels like second home in Belgium ;))

I hope I get my RP soon. Be prepared to be patient with your RP when you come to Belgium or better apply for a type 'C&D' visa instead of type 'D',so that you can go out of Belgium even without your RP..

No comments:

Post a Comment