Saturday, June 27, 2009

Admission -II

In early Feb I received a mailer from Vlerick about increasing the class intake to 65 for class of 2010 and Vlerick coming to Bangalore again in TheMBA fair.I wrote to Vlerick admission dept with my CV and score details and sought an appointment to meet Vlerick's representative. Peter Rafferty,the MBA program director was visiting Bangalore.

The interview was pretty free wheeling. It ranged from my work-experience to political situation in South Asia to Obama's foreign policy to India's rise as new world power. I was pretty satisfied with the interview. Peter offered me an admit on the condition that the number of Indians has to be within a fixed no. I submitted my application in next 48 hours as suggested by Peter.

I got a mail about me being waitlisted in 3 weeks time. Also I got a communication from Peter stating that I have a pretty good chance of being confirmed.Almost after 4weeks my admit was confirmed. I had admits from other schools in the UK & Netherlands but I decided to go with VLERICK finally!!!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sandeep,
    Just noticed your blog, and thought I would drop you a line.
    As the Dean of Vlerick I look forward to meeting you.
    Thanks for the initiative to keep a blog, so that others can read your experience at the School, telling it as it is.
    If we do a good job it is the best marketing. If we don't, it will help us straighten things out quickly.
    So keep up the good work and have a great year.
    Philippe Haspeslagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mr Philippe,

    Thanks for writing. I shall try my best to bring out my Vlerick experience to others through this blog.I am also looking forward to a great year.

    Sandeep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandeep

    I am looking forward to apply to the Vlerick Full Time MBA 2010- 2011.Can you please let me know the no. of Indians in your batch,the avg work experience and the avg GMAT score of Indians...FYI: muhilan.rp@gmail.com is my mail id

    Thanks and Regards,
    Muhil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would someone discuss about the political situation in South Asia and Obama's foreign policy. Although India's rise as new world power could be a valid question. What if I ask the dean about foreign policy of Uganda. It's absurd; no need to know about it, complete waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Established in 1997, St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance is a leading education consultancy services providing exemplary service to students all over India. We deal in Admissions to all major professional courses in Premier Institutes across India. We are your one step solution for all career related needs, it may be MD, MBBS BE, BTech (ALL BRANCHES), , MDS, BDS, BPharm, BArch, MBA, MTech, MS, , PhD or any other courses. We provide personalized career solutions on an individual basis keeping in mind the aspirations of our client as well as the affordability factor.
    FOR ALL CAREER RELATED NEEDS CONTACT US :
    St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance,
    #2, 2nd Floor,
    J J Complex, Above Chemmannur Jewellers,
    Marthahalli - P O,
    Bangalore - 560037
    Karnataka
    e-mail :jojishpaily@gmail.com
    Contact: +91 9448516637
    +91 9886089896, +91 9449009983
    080-32416570, 41719562

    ReplyDelete